Dear Bob,

Those 2 items being normally expressed in tons.

Yes, they are. The e-gold inventory is expressed in ounces. Conversion is as follows: 50,742.69 ounces divided by 12 to get pounds troy (12 ounces troy to the pound troy) = 4228.557 pounds troy.

Figure 2000 pounds to the ton and we have 2.114 tons.
Figure e-gold has about half the total gold inventory of
the top four and there are perhaps 4 tons on hand.

I wonder what figures you believe accurately express the
"central bank holdings" for, e.g., the US Treasury or
the Federal Reserve?  I'm somewhat doubtful of their claims.

I think the last audit of US Treasury gold was perhaps 1954?

What number do you like for the total gold above ground?

Regards,

Jim

--- You are currently subscribed to e-gold-list as: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe send a blank email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Use e-gold's Secure Randomized Keyboard (SRK) when accessing your e-gold account(s) via the web and shopping cart interfaces to help thwart keystroke loggers and common viruses.