Sidd,

> Untrue... 1g e-gold has ALWAYS been = to 1g Pecunix...
> Try it for yourself <http://open2exchange.com/buy.sell...c2c>

What about the transaction fees on the deposit at pecinux?

> I think you have misunderstood Viking completely...
>
>  > Hence there has to be actual proof of the gold holdings
>  > for each currency,
>
> That is what Viking proposed.

Actually I was trying to take his idea a bit further, when I suggested
that he was in effect proposing to set up a reserve bank of sorts. After
that I went on to show the weaknesses of both systems, first the one he
proposed and the the one I suggested he would need to use to make it
workable.

> The simple proposal was that there would always be a 1:1 ratio of
> gold to comgold, but a user would need to take pot luck when redeeming...
>
> In other words, if you wish to redeem 40g of comgold, and there is
> say 30g of e-gold in the system, and 20g of Pecunix and 10g of
> e-bullion etc, you are out of luck if you want it all in e-gold, you
> would need to take the 30g in e-gold and the balance in one of the
> others...

I do see the benefit for users in a system that allows frictionless
exchange between currencies and an ueber-currency (comgold) used to make
it easier for people to trade with each other.
But I fail to see the benefit of using a system in which redeemability for
the currency of my choice is not garanteed.

After all, if the redeemability is subject to availability, then everyone
might as well use the US Dollar and then exchange the US Dollar for the IG
currency of his or her choice?

I do like any concept that makes things easier and improves on current
systems, but I doubt that anything that would further complicate and
confuse users who simply want to buy and sell 'stuff' would find many
takers...
But that is just my view and I might be wrong. Is n´´known to have
happened before ;o)

Cheers,
Robert.

budget & privacy website hosting