-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Edwin
Woudt
Sent: Thursday, 4 January 2001 08:34
To: e-gold Tech
Subject: [e-gold-tech] Re: SR shopping cart?

"Loryn E. Jenkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Are you aware of the security problem with the old hash?
>
> No, I'm afraid I haven't studied it.

If I remember correctly, the way the hash is constructed can in some
cases
allow an active attacker to change the payment (IE: change the
amount),
while the merchant thinks it received the correct payment.

It's not a very likely attack, but it should be fixed anyway. I
couldn't
find the details of the attack in my e-gold mailing list archives, but
can ask the person who discovered the attack to send them (the e-gold
people should also have these documents).

Edwin

---
You are currently subscribed to e-gold-tech as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

---
You are currently subscribed to e-gold-tech as: archive@jab.org