"The FBI is developing software capable of inserting a computer virus
onto a suspect’s machine and obtaining encryption keys..."

Original story:
http://www.msnbc.com/news/660096.asp
Slashdot comments

After pondering this for a while I am thinking of implementing a '1 time
pad' system. I am under the impression they are ultimately the best way
to secure a transaction. True?

OPTIONALLY, for users concerned about keyboard sniffers:
        - get their pgp key,
        - send them an encrypted list of / let them print a html page

SYSTEM CHALLENGE        |       USER RESPONSE (random characters)
        1                       |               fr43
        2                       |               er6y
        3                       |               gh!b
        20                      |               hvcx

After a challenge is used for login, it is retired. If they lose it,
just create and send another encrypted list.
It is one more thing to keep track of :( But with $$$ a stake it would
be worth it for me.

Comments???

---
You are currently subscribed to e-gold-tech as: archive@jab.org