I need to know if there is anything better than the simple SCI that is
provided.

We index new sites everyday. The sites that provide products or services for
e-gold seem to mostly be using the SCI, which has the "LARGEST" security
hole I have ever seen... by default.

The common webmaster does not realize that this hole exists. Any simple
WaReZKiDDie can "bop" right into any of these sites using the standard SCI.

I'm sure this has been topic before, I don't see how it could never be...

PAYMENT_URL=  <----- COMMON ERROR IS THE DESTINATION. Extreme security
breach.

Any common webmaster using the default SCI is vulnerable AND will lose money
on lost purchases.

The only way around this is by manually verifying each purchase OR having
scripting written to verify each purchase. Most webmasters do not even
REMOTELY realize this... this is the ONLY aspect of e-gold that is a
definite NEGATIVE!

I have an idea/suggestion. Rather than third party programmers getting
involved to develop scripting for webmasters, e-gold should develop a
"Webmasters" or "Merchants" section, accessible to each account holder from
within their account. This section could provide webmasters with
PAYMENT_URL= options to define from within their account. This could
eliminate this security hole completely thus providing webmasters with an
instant service activation option rather than "Please allow 24
hours....blah-blah-blah".

I honestly do not think that this should be dealt with by third party
programmers. This should be developed and implemented by e-gold AT e-gold.

Any information regarding this subject would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Respectfully,

RJ LeVeque - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
LVTN -  eCurrencyCrawler
http://www.americonn.com

Submit your website to eCurrencyCrawler.
http://www.americonn.com/ecurrency_crawler/

---
You are currently subscribed to e-gold-tech as: archive@jab.org