Hello Rick,

Thank you for your reply.

> Hi,
>
> > I am considering a PHP implementation, and Perl as an alternative.
>
> Be careful with PHP.  This material is security-sensitive, and PHP is so
> much targeted at functionality that security is seriously undermined.  It's
> improving, but I wouldn't risk setting up a SCI with it and treat payments
> automatically.  Unless you understand all the intricacies of PHP, of
> course.

Good points Rick.

Bottom Line: I'm simply trying to implement a secure system whereby I can check if the
customer actually payed (in example:) $20, instead of $0.01. Then I will automatically
take the customer to a "download the software" page. I want to do this with the least
amount of work on my part. At first, I hoped that DGCs might have a built in system
like
this for merchants.

Now I'm looking for a premade script. I may have found a Perl script which may do it.

Also, could anyone point out a really good affiliate tracking system that can be used
well
with a DGC system?

> > (I program in both and love PHP. For some strange reason, Perl has never been my
> > best friend). <sigh> :)
>
> If your dislike for Perl is caused by "it's close to PHP, therefore
> confusing" you may want to look into Python.  It's a very solid language,
> and quite capable of SCI kind of things.

Thats probably good advice, but though I know 11 programming languages now, I'm
getting quite lazy these days. :)!

I'm attempting to be less and less of a programmer, in all honesty. My forte is
actually
product concepts and design.

> > Product info will soon be available to those who contact me off list.
>
> Yep, it shouldn't go to the tech list.  There's also a chat list though,
> and service announcements are common there.

Indeed Sir.

> Cheers,
> Rick van Rein.

Sincerely,