Hi,

Does anyone have experience using the e_bluetooth library with the Bluetooth
bootloader?  From what I’ve found, the e-puck freezes whenever I call commands
within the library.  The examples I’ve found seem to want to use UART1 for
solely inter-e-puck communication and UART2 for debugging info.  Since the
UART2 cable is pretty inconvenient, I was hoping there is a way to do all
communication (puck-to-puck and puck-to-programmer) over UART1.  In the library
there are functions to activate/deactivate transparent mode, which look
promising for temporary communication with the programming PC, but there isn’t
much documentation.  Also, since I’m using the Bluetooth bootloader, I think
that may be interfering with things.  I’m going to keep digging, but I was
hoping someone had some advice since I’m starting to run out of summer vacation
(well, a lighter section of summer classes).

Here’s a sample of the code I’ve been trying:

#include <e_epuck_ports.h>
#include <e_init_port.h>
#include <e_led.h>
#include <e_uart_char.h>
#include <e_bluetooth.h>
#include <stdio.h>

char uart_buffer[128];

int main()
{

            int i = 0;
            char myPin[50];

            e_init_port();
            e_init_uart1();

            e_set_body_led(1);

            e_bt_find_epuck();

            e_set_body_led(0);

            while (1);

            return 0;

}

Of note is that the body LED is never turned off so I believe this indicates
the puck hangs at e_bt_find_epuck().  Please let me know if I can provide more
info.

On another topic, I’m trying to get the ball rolling on the wiki at
www.e-puck.org (http://www.e-puck.org/index.php?option=com_openwiki&Itemid=81).
 If we can gather enough articles, I’ll see if we can setup a wiki with a more
robust feature set.  Anyway, if you want to be immortalized in the way that
only a public page with no write-protection can provide, I urge everyone to
start contributing.  Feel free to post your articles or correct the mistakes in
mine.

Thanks,

Louis