Dear Carmen,

Strange situation you have. It might be from different sources.

The best to start the trials is with a simple terminal program like
HyperTerminal if you use windows or minicom on linux. At least it does not
hang if there is no answer.

Are you able to upload compiled code using the tinybootloader?

If this works the communication channel is well handled by your
computer/dongle.

Let me know how we can help further.

Good luck,

Gilles

Dr. Gilles Caprari
GCtronic, Electronics & Mechatronics
web: www.gctronic.com E-mail: g.capr...@ieee.org
Post: Via Cassarinetta 2, CH-6900 Lugano, Switzerland
Tel: +41 91 630 2149 Fax: +41 86 078 601 11 13
Mobile: +41 78 601 1113 skype: gillescaprari