Hi,
you could try with another PC interface to see if it is a limitation of epic or some strange stuff in the e-puck
http://gctronic.com/doc/index.php/E-Puck#PC_interface
http://www.e-puck.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9&Itemid=26
but in general getting "not-square" images is possible. it is designed for and tested. thus my guess is that there is something in epic. code is available and open so you can check what happens at lower level.

regards,
gilles