Hi,

you should use the "Tiny
Bootloader"(http://www.gctronic.com/doc/index.php/E-Puck#Bootloader)
program to upload a new hex to the e-puck robot.
Are you working in Windows right?
Did you previously succeed in uploading a new firmware to the e-puck?
Because if your update procedure works before and now doesn't work
anymore the problem might be that the bootloader is corrupted, in this
case you need the programmer (ICD2 or ICD3).

Best regards,

Stefano