Bashir Rategh wrote:
> Hello
>
> We had been advised to contact you regarding the issue of 2 Tx and 2
> Rx queue for  the card:
> IntelĀ® PRO/1000 CT Desktop Adapter
>
> On the Intel site it says it can have 2 Tx and 2 Rx queue at the same
> time
> The URL on intel site is:
>
> "Optimized queues: 2 Transmit (Tx) and 2 Receive (Rx)"
> It can be found in this URL:
> http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/adapters/gigabit-ct/gigabit-ct-overview.htm
>
> We wanted to know how this can be done and what is the make command
> to do that since on the documents in the driver for Linux it is just
> mentioned this to have seperate queues and that only limits each of
> them to 1
>
> make CFLAGS_EXTRA="-DCONFIG_E1000E_SEPARATE_TX_HANDLER" install

While the hardware supports 2 Tx and 2 Rx queues we do not have the full
implementation in our Linux e1000e driver to support this.

The performance to be gained from multiple queues is very small, and was not a
requirement for our Linux software.

Windows may implement some support, but I'm not sure.

So the short answer is its not supported right now, and I doubt it will be
implemented for e1000e as there is likely to be very little benefit.  If we get
enough customer requests our position could be reconsidered.

Jesse