On Tue, 23 Jun 2009, Kristiadi Himawan wrote:
> I have problem with the high utilization on the one of cpu's core when
> using irq affinity and now i'm trying to get multiple tx rx feature to
> balance it. My NIC is Intel Ethernet controller 82571EB PRO/1000 PT with
> Dual Port Server Adapter, it's possible to use this for that purpose or i
> need to upgrade to another dual port adapter such as Intel ET Dual Port
> Server Adapter.

You cannot do multiple queue receives with 82571 as it does not
support multiple interrupt vectors with MSI-X

the 82575/82576 would server your purposes better if you're just trying to
spread work.

is your workload spreadable cleanly?  If it is lots of TCP or UDP flows,
then yes, if you're trying to spread the work of one flow, that will not
work.

is your high utilization due to ksoftirqd?  if so, you might want to try
taskset to bind your application to a processor with a shared cache with
the one you're processing network interrupts on.