When running in a bridged environment there is a work around required.  The
information is in the README that comes with the driver.  Please review and
make sure that your issue is not related to the one described in the README.
I've pasted in the relevant section to save you some time.  While you don't
mention SR-IOV or NPAR modes of operation you may still be seeing a bug related
to the root cause, which is incorrect source pruning.  Make sure that all
packets being sent by the i40e driver have a source MAC address in the bridge
FDB.

If this doesn't help then we'll have to explore other options.

Regards,

- Greg

In SR-IOV enabled or NPAR enabled adapters, Physical Function (PF) does not
work in bridge mode. When a bridge is created on the PF device, an emulation
device in the Virtual Machine (VM) connects to this bridge cannot receive any
unicast packets.

To avoid this from occurring, for each emulated device (software Virtual
Station Interface [VSI]) added to the bridge the MAC address of the emulated
device (software Virtual Ethernet Bridge [VEB] VSI) needs to be added manually
to the forwarding database (FDB) filter table using the iproute2 package
bridge tool. This can be done by executing the following command:

  # bridge fdb add <MAC ADDR> dev <PF device interface> self permanent

The FDB entry when the emulated device is no longer in use or the guest to
which it is assigned is moved to a different host must be deleted using this
command:

  # bridge fdb del <MAC ADDR> dev <PF device interface>