Hello,

I don't think CRAN actually is a problem. They have archives available (+
recent investigation lead me to the conclusion that proxy I'm forced to usr
is -- how do I put it lightly? -- COMPLETE AND UTTER BULLCRAP).

What is more of my concern is BioConductor. They don't have archives and it
seems they don't consider adding one. Consider the packages broken or not I
need to have a stable archive available so the (my) company needs to invest
some money for the storage or live with the way its provided.

I'm thinking about a patch in the terms of "--print-uris" to circumvent
that (might also be nice for PyPi, CPAN, ...). Once the sources are at the
local site I (ay least) have no one to blame but myself...

/Martin