Hi

I liked Riccardo’s idea so I’m also posting a job position here (since we’re
using EB). Feel free to forward it to potential candidates.

Cheers,
Guilherme

The mission of the Scientific Computing Support Unit is to help users from all
computational domains to make the most efficient use of CSCS leading-edge
supercomputing resources and to build bridges between the user and various
units at CSCS, at a larger scale also among the various Swiss computational
research communities. In order to strengthen our team we are seeking a:

Software Engineer

In this role you will support the implementation and maintenance of our
software development framework strategy. In addition you are expected to be
comfortable with the full chain of scientific applications development tools
and are able to deal with second level computer support for our portfolio of
applications.

Desired Skills and Experience:

Applicants should have a Master's degree and a Ph.D. in Software Engineering or
Computational Science. Demonstrated experience with application lifecycle
management tools, with special emphasis on continuous integration and
validation tools is highly appreciated. A proven record of parallel and HPC
code, numerical libraries and/or scientific workflow development for or within
a scientific discipline or teams is considered a strong asset. In particular,
you should also have strong experience in software testing and deployment on
large HPC systems and test-driven development frameworks, such as test suites
and continuous integration tools.

Evidence of application tuning on specialized and accelerated hardware, for
example GPU, Intel Xeon Phi, embedded systems and automatic building tools for
scientific software is highly appreciated. Know-how of code development tools
such as IDEs, debuggers, performance and monitoring tools is a must.

Besides your motivation to accept new challenges and to work independently in a
problem solving way within a vibrant scientific environment, you are
characterized by strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
The ideal candidate is a team player and feels comfortable working in an
international environment in the heart of Lugano, Canton of Ticino in
Switzerland and is comfortable with a fast changing working environment.
Excellent command of written and spoken English (our official working language)
is a must.

Starting date: negotiable. You will benefit from a competitive salary based on
experience and performance.

For further information please contact Dr. Guilherme Peretti-Pezzi, (peretti
[at] cscs.ch<http://cscs.ch>), Group Lead Scientific Computing Support. (No
applications please)

We look forward to receiving your complete online application, which we ask you
to submit to Stephanie Frequente, CSCS Human Resources, via Trevano 131, 6900
Lugano.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/77914182?trk=jobs_biz_prem_srch