Hi,

While I find the citing to give credit an honorable approach I do not think
that referencing versions on _any_ commercial service is a good idea.

If you do that it has a certain implication that you expect, years from
now, this resource to still be valid.

Are you or is your organization willing to provide the means to access all
the resources necessary to reproduce an environment that can be used like a
publication describes it?

To me it's 2 kinds of problems:

1) In the scientific community giving credit where credit is due (I
personally don't expect to be named somewhere for spending a coupe of days
or weeks for writing an easyconfig)
2) Put money to  it so that other parties are able to reproduce published
work in a reliable way. (For certain values of reliability). Do we expect
to be able to reproduce it 1, 5, 10, 30, 50 years from now?

To completely different problems, at least in my opinion

Best,
Martin

--
http://www.xing.com/profile/Martin_Marcher