We are rolling out a central /etc/profile.d/... file that exports the
relevant EASYBUILD_ variables. Out method of choice is currently puppet but
we are thinking about taking the intermediate of building a SiteEB module
that does this (so "ml load SiteEB" instead of "ml load EasyBuild").

That way we decouple the upstream installation from our own site settings

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 7:19 PM Åke Sandgren <ake.sandg...@hpc2n.umu.se>
wrote:

> Why not keep /etc/easybuild.d/ in sync on all systems?
>
> On 09/12/2016 06:19 PM, Joachim Hein wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The EasyBuild configuration file lives on a local disc of our
> > frontend /etc/easybuild.d/config.cfg hence EB is broken on any other
> > part of the cluster (e.g. building on a compute node).  I am aware
> > of
> http://easybuild.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Configuration.html#configuration-file-s
> and
> > currently $EASYBUILD_CONFIGFILES seems the way forward.  However setting
> > that as a system default in every account seems polluting to me.   A
> > natural place seems the EasyBuild module and I could hack it into there.
> >  However with the frequent upgrades to EB, I would need to remember to
> > hack the newly builded module each time.
> >
> > Since many here are operating multimode clusters, this must be a
> > frequent issue.  How are others handling this?
> >
> > Thanks and best wishes
> >   Joachim
> >

> --
> Ake Sandgren, HPC2N, Umea University, S-90187 Umea, Sweden
> Internet: a...@hpc2n.umu.se   Phone: +46 90 7866134 Fax: +46 90-580 14
> Mobile: +46 70 7716134 WWW: http://www.hpc2n.umu.se

http://www.xing.com/profile/Martin_Marcher
http://www.linkedin.com/in/martinmarcher