Hi Pablo,

On 13/10/16 11:48, Pablo Escobar Lopez wrote:

I have noticed that FFTW-3.3.3-gompi-1.4.10.eb is not building the dynamic FFTW libraries. For this I think the fix would be to change configopts from this:

common_configopts = "--enable-threads --enable-openmp --with-pic"

common_configopts = "--enable-threads --enable-openmp --with-pic *_--enable-shared_*"

Is there any reason why the provided FFTW easyconfig is not building the dynamic libraries. Would it be safe to apply this change so the dynamic libs are built? or is there any issue which could be triggered by doing this change which I am missing?

It's probably just because nobody has had a strict need for the dynamic libraries yet? What's your use case for needing them?

The only thing I can think of is that by using --enable-shared the static libraries may not be built anymore, but you'll have to check that (and the sanity check should fail anyway in that case).