Hi all,

Is there any particular reason why the flex-2.6.0 easyconfigs
depend on Bison rather than builddepend?

My understanding is that flex can be happily used w/o Bison, and
this corresponds to what distro packagers think.  In Debian, for
example, Bison is only a 'suggests' of the flex package [1] --
the most loose type of dependency supported (declares that a
package may be more useful when the suggested package is also
installed, but it is perfectly reasonable to install without).
However, it is listed under 'Build-Depends' in the control file.

That said, I believe M4 is actually a real dependency, see [2].

Markus

[1] https://packages.debian.org/jessie/flex
[2] http://flex.sourceforge.net/manual/M4-Dependency.html#M4-Dependency

--