Hi Joachim,

On 11/08/16 11:49, Joachim Hein wrote:
Hi,

I had a user complaining that the easybuild generated Boost modules do not set
a BOOST_ROOT env variable.  Having done a bit of research, it seems that this
is quite common (standard?) thing to have and many set-ups expect this.  They
figured themselves by

export BOOST_ROOT=$EBROOTBOOST

Could there be an updated to have EB creating modules which do that
out-of-the-box?  If I am lucky, a change in boost.py easyblock would fix that
for all.  Otherwise, updating the easyconfigs for the latest version(s) should
suffice.

Since there is a custom easyblock for Boost, that is indeed the right place to do this.

You can do this by customizing the 'make_module_extra' method, see also the existing Xmipp easyblock [1].

regards,

Kenneth

[1] https://github.com/hpcugent/easybuild-easyblocks/blob/master/easybuild/easyblocks/x/xmipp.py#L193