Dear EasyBuilders,

I'm happy to announce the release of EasyBuild version 3.1.0 [1].
I'm not going to say this is the best EasyBuild release ever this time. Or maybe I will. This is the best EasyBuild release ever.

This is a feature release, which includes:

* support for --check-style to check 'code' style in easyconfig files (more on that later...)

* architecture-specific optimization flags can now be specified on a per-compiler basis via --optarch * see http://easybuild.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Controlling_compiler_optimization_flags.html

    * improved toolchain support on ARM and POWER systems

* a custom easyblock for FFTW that maximizes use of processor features (by default)

    * updates to the CP2K and WPS easyblocks for the latest versions

* toolchain definitions for the foss/2017a and intel/2017a common toolchains * see http://easybuild.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Common-toolchains.html for more informatio

* support for 16 new software packages, incl. QIIME (via conda) and Tensorflow

This brings the total number of supported software packages to 1,152 [2]!
A detailed overview of all changes is available in the release notes [3].

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release in one way or another!

To upgrade to EasyBuild v3.1.0, there are several options, see [4].
Two particularly easy options include:

    * eb --install-latest-eb-release  # requires EasyBuild v2.9.0

    * eb --from-pr 4100               # use easyconfig from PR #4100 [5]

Enjoy!

regards,

Kenneth (a.k.a. boegel)
EasyBuild release manager