From: easybuild-requ...@lists.ugent.be
[mailto:easybuild-requ...@lists.ugent.be] On Behalf Of Fotis Georgatos
Sent: Thursday, March 9, 2017 12:06 AM
To: easybuild@lists.ugent.be
Subject: Re: [easybuild] HPC Testing Framework Collaboration

Hi Shanzeb,

just 2 comments:
* I'd love to see the ctest/cdash type of testing take off;
  here's an example from our past endeavours:
http://cdash.uni.lu/index.php?project=UL-HPC-Testing
* this one caught my attention recently; it might work in favour of literate
testing (and, indirectly, useful documentation):
  https://bitbucket.org/michilu/shell-doctest

HPL against popular toolchain variants would make a good first focus of such
effort, wouldn't it?!

enjoy,
F.

On Mar 7, 2017, at 4:31 PM, Siddiqui, Shahzeb <shahzeb.siddi...@pfizer.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been working on creating a testing framework to automatically generate
> test cases for applications that work with EasyBuild in a HMNS module layout.
> I couldn't seem to find any tool that provides test cases for HPC apps that
> work properly with a module environment so I decided to create me own.
>
> I have pushed some test cases for intel, gcc, openmpi, mpich as
> examples. If anyone is interested in developing a testing framework, check
> out  https://github.com/shahzebsiddiqui/testgen-HPC and maybe we can
> collaborate on a standard for basic test cases for each application.
>
> Regards,
>

> Shahzeb Siddiqui
> HPC Linux Engineer
> B2220-447.2
> Groton, CT

cheers,
Fotis

--
echo "sysadmin know better bash than english" | sed s/min/mins/ \