Davide,

> as a matter of fact I was thinking too about renaming iccifort to
> something a little more familiar to the users. The problem is that if I
> do so I need to modify all other easyconfig dependencies whenever they
> depend on iccifort. Or do you have a better way?

You can do so via the 'modaltsoftname' easyconfig parameter and
a custom module naming scheme (needed since 'iccifort' is a
toolchain).  But then the easyconfigs can still refer to 'iccifort'.

@Kenneth: We really, really, really, need a way to install icc
and ifort as a bundle such that only a single compiler module
remains...  (Note: Not the full PSXE, just the compilers)

> So if I understand correctly your suggestion, I may want to consider
> using the --recursive_module_unload flag only when building GCC and
> iccifort, sonce those are my only two base compilers, correct?

Yes, you can put

        recursive_module_unload = True

in the easyconfigs of 'icc', 'ifort', 'iccifort', and 'GCC'.  Then
the recursive unloading is done for the compilers only.

Markus

--
Dr. Markus Geimer
Juelich Supercomputing Centre