On 04/03/2017 09:14 AM, Kenneth Hoste wrote:

On 03/04/2017 08:24, Henkel, Andreas wrote:
Dear Easybuilder,

I'm fairly new to easybuild and have just built several packages using
the --try-* options or even adapted easyconfigs. It's a very handy way
for installing software, thanks for that!
Beyond that I had a look at the different module naming schemes and
ended up with using the categorized nms.

I'm a bit surprised about the amount of modules I end up with when
installing for example GCC or Netcdf. We did manual installs before
and used System Libs a lot. Now, every lib ends up being a module and
on my first impression this pollutes the module list. I saw the option
hide-deps and filter-deps. Using those would remove some of those libs
of course but as far as I can see it would also take a way some of the
"automagic" since I'd have to specify the options for every install.

You don't have to specify --hide-deps of --filter-deps for every
installations, you can configure EasyBuild via environment variables or
configuration files as well, see
http://easybuild.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Configuration.html .

Me too!! I found those options documented in this page:
http://easybuild.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Manipulating_dependencies.html

/Ole