Hi Joachim,

On 19/09/2017 16:04, Joachim Hein wrote:
HI

I am trying to build

DBD-mysql-4.042-intel-2017a-Perl-5.24.1.eb

which depends on Boost 1.64.0, which suffers from (part of) the get_data.hpp issue, which we discussed in May.

Can you provide a reference here (issue, link to mail in mailing list archive)?

Wasn't there a patch available for Boost 1.64.0 that fixes this?

 Then we expected 1.64.0 to resolve the issue, but it isn’t.  I checked that I can build

Boost-1.65.0-intel-2017a-Python-2.7.13.eb

and do not suffer from the issue.  My proposal would be to move the required MariaDB (which I believe is the source of the boost requirement) to a to-be-created Boost-1.65.0-intel-2017a.eb to resolve the issue (I am volunteering if needed).  Knowing Kenneth reluctance to change published configs, I’d like to ask whether this would be accepted into EB or how else to resolve this.

We could consider this, but I'm indeed reluctant to do this since it may create fallout elsewhere (out of our control).

I someone is combining the required MariaDB with other modules that in turn require Boost 1.64.0, we'd introduce a version conflict...

Isn't patching Boost 1.64.0 and rebuilding it (and maybe also rebuilding MariaDB on top of the patched Boost) a better option?

regards,

Kenneth