Hi,

There are also a lot of dependencies to applications that in my opinion
don't need a specific toolchain, but just need to be available. Maybe don't
add these to a specific toolchain or version, but a generally avaible
toolchain (dummy?). Also, now dependencies are really strict on version,
while this is not always necessary. Maybe having something like '>'  and/or
'<'  for version dependencies might help to focus on applications that
really need updating.

Maybe this is already discussed and decided on a long time ago or maybe
this will cause other problems.

Regards,
Erik