*I would like to propose additional packages for foss toolchains.
Toolchains should contain enough tools to build packages independent of the
OS dev tools.   I propose that foss should contain:*
*make,*
* bz2, and xzutils.  *

*Why?Adding this small set of tools would allow us to build everything
without having to add the OS dev packages. We are targeting our EB
environment to support minimally configured cluster nodes and for Docker
containers. Starting with a base Ubuntu container we do not want to have to
add the compilers that are part of the dev packages. Containers will be
used to build packages and also for our computing environment.*

*John Dey*

*HPC Operations*

SciComp Computing
*O* *206.667.4308*