I'm happy to announce the release of EasyBuild version 3.5.2 .
And yes, this is the best EasyBuild release so far...
This is primarily a bugfix/update release, but also includes a couple of
* support for RPATH declared stable, thanks a lot to Pablo & John
for their feedback & help!
* initial (basic) integration with OpenHPC, through inclusion of
metadata for OpenHPC-provided modules
* (finally) a custom easyblock for installing TensorFlow *from
source* (both CPU-only & with GPU support)
* enhanced GCC easyblock that allows building a generically
optimized GCC (via 'generic' easyconfig parameter or --optarch=GENERIC)
* new toolchain definitions: giolf/2018a, goolfc/2017b, iomkl/2018a
* support for 24 new software packages, incl. AmberTools, dropEst,
* updates for already supported software,
incl. CP2K 5.1, IPython 6.2.1, OpenFOAM v1712, Perl 5.26.1,
Python 3.6.4, TensorFlow 1.5.0, X11 20180131
* various minor bug fixes & enhancements
This brings the total number of supported software packages to 1,396 !
A detailed overview of all changes is available in the release notes .
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release in one way or another!
To upgrade to EasyBuild v3.5.2, there are several options, see .
Two particularly easy options include:
* eb --install-latest-eb-release # requires EasyBuild v3.3.0 or
* eb --from-pr 5942 # use easyconfig from PR #5942 
(EasyBuild v3.3.0 is required for --install-latest-eb-release because
support for SHA256 checksums is required)
Kenneth (a.k.a. boegel)
EasyBuild release manager