Hi Arnau,

I think you're looking for the extract_cmd option to sources, an example use
similar in structure to what you want to do is at:
https://github.com/easybuilders/easybuild-easyconfigs/blob/master/easybuild/easyconfigs/b/bcl2fastq2/bcl2fastq2-2.19.1-foss-2016b-Python-2.7.12.eb

Alan

On 5 April 2018 at 14:32, Arnau
<listsar...@gmail.com<mailto:listsar...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm installing pandoc with EB.

I did install version 2 (latest) using PackedBinary without any issue cause for
version 2 tehy provide a tarball with the binaries.

But for version 1 there's no tarball and the instructions say that one has to
decompress pandoc deb file and copy the binaries from there:

ar p $DEB data.tar.gz | tar xvz --strip-components 2 -C $DESTI

I'm trying to translate teh above installation command into easyconfig (as an
exercise), but I don't find a way .... I tried several options without luck.

anyone could give me some hint?

TIA,
Arnau

--