Dear Yann,

On 27/04/2018 09:21, Yann Sagon wrote:
I answer here to Kenneth and Ake.

Yes I need with_jemalloc = False and the patch.

Excellent, thanks for confirming.

We have enhanced the TensorFlow easyblock to automatically disable jemalloc (unless it's hard enabled) on CentOS 6 for recent TensorFlow versions, see https://github.com/easybuilders/easybuild-easyblocks/pull/1412.

This change will be included in the next EasyBuild release (v3.6.1).

It seems there is indeed a bug (no confirmation) with TF-1.7.

I tried to compile using cuDNN 7.0.5-CUDA-9.1.85 and it's working fine!

https://github.com/tensorflow/tensorflow/issues/17801

It seems that CUDA 9 is strictly required since TF 1.7...

a side note: Many thanks for doing EasayBuild so useful, and I'm very happy to see it is supporting Singularity! Great job!

Thanks for your kind words!

regards,

Kenneth

    On 04/27/2018 08:49 AM, Kenneth Hoste wrote:
     > Dear Yann,
    >> here is the build log when trying to build for cuda:
    >> https://gist.github.com/ysagon/a205242bb91becaccf4b684d5285514d
    <https://gist.github.com/ysagon/a205242bb91becaccf4b684d5285514d>
> > This is the actual error: > > Cuda Configuration Error: Cannot find libdevice.10.bc under
    > /opt/ebsofts/Core/CUDA/8.0.61
> > That doesn't ring a bell for me, but maybe some CUDA drivers are missing?

    Something is wrong here, libdevice.10.bc doesn't exist until CUDA 9.0

-- Ake Sandgren, HPC2N, Umea University, S-90187 Umea, Sweden
    Internet: a...@hpc2n.umu.se <mailto:a...@hpc2n.umu.se>   Phone: +46 90
    7866134 Fax: +46 90-580 14

Logo UNIGE      Yann Sagon
Chef d'équipe HPC

Division du système et des technologies de l'information et de la communication
Université de Genève | 24 rue Général-Dufour
Tél 022 379 77 37 | Bureau 151

www.unige.ch/stic <http://www.unige.ch/stic>