I am investigating the use of easybuild when we roll out our next cluster.

One concern raised was from
https://github.com/easybuilders/easybuild/wiki/Using-a-custom-module-naming-scheme
where it clear states that different installation prefixes are needed for
different easybuild naming schemes, or easybuild for schemeA might delete
software built with schemeB.

I am still getting familiar with easybuild, but this suggests to me that if I
plan to have a mix of software built with easybuild and software built
manually and/or with some other software build tools, that they would need to
be installed in distinct software trees.  E.g., if I intend to build package
foo with easybuild, putting it in /software/Core/foo/... and I intend to build
package bar manually, then I better not put bar in /software/Core/bar but in
something like /software2/Core/bar. (Using
HierarchicalMNS naming scheme)

Is my understanding of this correct?
Does this only happen if rebuild/force flag is used?
Does it only happen for the app trying to rebuild (and/or dependencies)? ---
e.g. is it safe to have both foo and bar under /software/Core as long as I
never issue an easybuild command that would try to rebuild bar (either
directly or as a dependency)?  E.g., is the foo/bar example somewhat OK, but I
only get burned if I e.g. built foo/1.2.3 with eb and foo/1.2.4 manually?

Is there a list anywhere of the directories that EasyBuild wants full control
over?   Is it the whole
tree rooted at --prefix, or just the source, build, software install, module
install paths?   to Would it be safe to have foo in /software/[Core|Compiler|
MPI]/foo and bar directly under /software?