Hello Ole,

as far as I can see Intel MPI is free beer now (unless you want priority
support of course), since 2018 update 2.
That doesn't mean iomkl is useless of course!

>From what I can see 5805 was worked around by disabling ucx and the
upstream bug was fixed in OpenMPI 3.1.1:
commit b1bddf7642ac7a6fa6c8aac4b21861eb47a6eb03
Author: Kenneth Hoste <kenneth.ho...@ugent.be>
Date:   Tue Jul 3 09:14:14 2018 +0200

    no need to disable UCX support in OpenMPI 3.1.1 easyconfig, bug has
been fixed

6257 hasn't been addressed as far as I know, but as you noted can be easily
worked around.

Bart

--
Dr. Bart E. Oldeman | bart.olde...@mcgill.ca | bart.olde...@calculquebec.ca
Scientific Computing Analyst / Analyste en calcul scientifique