On 29-08-18 14:42, Kenneth Hoste wrote:
On 29/08/2018 13:52, Paul Melis wrote:
A related question after Caspar and I figured out yesterday the situation described below: how come Blender failing to build wasn't caught in the release testing? I seem to remember that before each EB release put in the wild all easyconfigs are built (automatically) at UGent to find errors and regressions. I that something I misremembered?

Automatically is a big word here...
The regression testing isn't fully automatic yet, or not enough to my taste.

This problems didn't slip through the cracks though: the Blender easyconfigs in the central repository still build fine, because they don't include CUDA as a dependency...

Ah, didn't notice that

The easiest to fix that is to contribute back the Blender easyconfig where you are seeing this problem.

I'll do that,
Paul

--

Paul Melis
| Visualization group leader & developer | SURFsara |