Dear Jörg,

On 17/10/2018 10:02, Jörg Saßmannshausen wrote:
Hi all,

as I am new to Easybuild: I would have thought this is working as well:

$ eb ORCA-4.0.1-OpenMPI-2.0.2.eb
orca_4_0_1_2_linux_x86-64_openmpi202.tar.xz --robot
--try-software-version=4.0.1.2

(all in one line)

would work as well. I am sure when I started using Easybuild 2 weeks ago
I done that with the GAMESS-US build.

Is my assumption here correct?

You don't need to include the source tarball in the 'eb' command line. In fact, that's wrong, since EasyBuild will treat it as an easyconfig file, and that's bound to go wrong. :)

Having the source tarball in the same directory as the easyconfig file works, but it's recommended to put the source tarball in the expected location in the source path (the /o/ORCA/ subdirectory, in this case).

regards,

Kenneth