Hi

We have installed a lot of modules with the foss-2016b toolchain on our HPC
cluster.
And there are a several modules installed with the foss-2018b toolchain.

But some endusers have problems to load some modules if a module is installed
with the foss-2016b and foss-2018b toolchain.

use-case: an user has loaded the module BCFtools-1.8/foss-2016b. but then he
wants to load the Python module which is installed with the foss-2016b and
foss-2018b toolchain. If he executes' module load Python', then it
automatically loads the module with the foss-2018b toolchain.

Is there a way to provide it automatically loads the module with foss-2016b if
there are already modules loaded with the foss-2016b toolchain?

Thomas Eylenbosch
Ext: Gluo N.V.

BASF Agricultural Solutions Belgium NV
Technologiepark 38