Dear Yann,

On 07/03/2019 14:06, Yann Sagon wrote:
Dear list,

sometime ago, I asked this question on the same list. I think I tried the procedure but I'm unable to  make it work again.

My issue: I try to install a new version of R. This easyconfig contains more than 500 extensions, and some of them are failling during the build. I then comment them out and relaunch the build. Unfortunately, the build skip only the R build, not the already built extensions.

I have modified the R-3.5.1-foss-2018b.eb file to remove every extension.
I did the install using:

eb --module-only R-3.5.1-foss-2018b-without-ext.eb
Then I added every extension again and I did:
eb --skip --rebuild  ./R-3.5.1-foss-2018b.eb
And it fails on a given extenion.
I comment out this extension and re do the command:
eb --skip --rebuild  ./R-3.5.1-foss-2018b.eb
But it tries to rebuild every extension already built in the previsous step.

Any clue?

That's not how it's supposed to work...

Is it actually rebuilding all extensions?
Keep in mind that EasyBuild will first check which extensions are already installed (by trying to 'load' them in R), before it will continue and install what is missing.

Do you see the same behavior if you use --force rather than --rebuild?

Can you supply a debug log where you see this?

regards,

Kenneth

Best

--
Logo UNIGE      Yann Sagon
Référent HPC

Division du système et des technologies de l'information et de la communication
Université de Genève | 24 rue Général-Dufour
Tél 022 379 77 37 | Bureau 151

www.unige.ch/stic <http://www.unige.ch/stic>