Hi Åke,

I want to add the environment variables to a MATLAB easyconfig which are
needed to run compiled MATLAB programms

I tried

  modextravars = {'LM_LICENSE_FILE': '%s@%s' % (license_server_port,
license_server),
                  'MATLABROOT': '.',
                  'MCR_HOME': 'MATLABROOT',
                  'MCR_CACHE_ROOT': '/scratch/$USER/mcr_cache',
                  }

But when I load the module as a normal user, the variable is not
expanded:

  $ echo $MCR_CACHE_ROOT
  /scratch/$USER/mcr_cache

Ultimately, I may well just define a general temporary directory such as

  TMPDIR=/scratch/tmp/$USER

somewhere in /etc/profile.d, but even then I'd need to have the module
expand $TMPDIR properly.

Cheers,

Loris

I want to add an