Hello,

I'm facing the same issue as some other already went through:

libfontconfig for GCCcore depends on libUUID.

I have swap the dependency with linux-utils and recompiled libfontconfig as
well as X11, just in case.

The goal is to build Caffe which depends on Pango-1.42.4-fosscuda-2018b.eb.
When building Pango, I have the following error in the log:

/opt/ebsofts/Compiler/GCCcore/7.3.0/fontconfig/2.13.0/lib/libfontconfig.so:
error: undefined reference to 'uuid_copy', version 'UUID_1.0'
/opt/ebsofts/Compiler/GCCcore/7.3.0/fontconfig/2.13.0/lib/libfontconfig.so:
error: undefined reference to 'uuid_generate_random', version 'UUID_1.0'

The reason is probably because the linker is trying to use libuuid.so
located here
/opt/ebsofts/Compiler/GCCcore/7.3.0/LibUUID/1.0.3/lib/libuuid.so instead of
the one from linux-utils.

I have no clue why is this. I tried to load manually the dependencies of
Pango and LibUUID is not loaded as expected.

Any clue?

Best

--
[image: Logo UNIGE] Yann Sagon
Référent HPC

Division du système et des technologies de l'information et de la
communication
Université de Genève | 24 rue Général-Dufour
Tél 022 379 77 37 | Bureau 151

www.unige.ch/stic