On 09/05/2020 08:40, Mike Kelsey wrote:
Kenneth Hoste writes:
Looks like the 'get_checksum_for' method was originally defined like
that, with the 'filename' argument there, but unused, see
https://github.com/easybuilders/easybuild-framework/commit/1eaa7b74191f790291f8148fd14b3febcd473de6
.The checksum lookup is purely done based on the ['index'] value.

If you're up for it, I think we should:

* clean up all calls to 'get_checksum_for' to not pass a value to
'filename';

* deprecate the use of 'filename' in 'get_checksum_for' (if it's
anything else than None, call self.log.deprecated with an appropriate
message).
Done!  I chose "4.2.1" as the deprecation version, assuming that I get this
stuff done in time.  I want to make sure I can pass unit tests (including a
new one for ext_options 'sources') before pushing this onto my 3294 branch.
                                                -- Mike

The version indicates when the log.deprecated should produce an error rather than a warning, so it should be set to 5.0 (next major release).

Until then, the log.deprecated will produce a warning.

regards,

Kenneth