Hello fellow easybuilders,

We have a few applications that require java-based modules but some rely
more specifically on Java 1.8 where others are happy with Java 11. Where
possible, I would like to generate multi_deps versions of these modules.
Does anyone know how to specify the multi_deps version of this syntax?

dependencies = [('Java', '11', '', True)]

for a multi_deps like this:

multi_deps = {'Java': ['1.8', '11']}

I would suppose the following would be the expected syntax, but I get
an Unknown value type EasyBuild error when I try the following:

multi_deps = {'Java': [('1.8', '', True), ('11', '', True)]}

But I think EasyBuild is expecting a dictionary with architectures
<https://github.com/easybuilders/easybuild-framework/blob/13abeb3c9b4c8e68e71e648f56321eecaa46bc7d/easybuild/tools/systemtools.py#L938>
based on the error. If this is a feature request I am happy to open one on
github, just wanted to check here first.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Evans, PhD
Senior Computational Research Support Analyst
<https://docs.ycrc.yale.edu/> / Help <http://help.ycrc.yale.edu/>
he/him/his <http://mypronouns.org/he>