In an upcoming procurement we plan to use a GPAW EasyBuild module for benchmarking. On 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors we should presumably specify a recent "intel" toolchain because of support for the latest instructions.

Question: Which toolchain to use on AMD EPYC 9004 "Genoa"?

There are a number of sites out there with AMD clusters, and I wonder which optimal and reliable toolchains people use with AMD Rome and Genoa?

We have often used the "foss" toolchain on Intel Xeon because it provides OpenMPI, OpenBLAS, ScaLAPACK, and FFTW modules for the GPAW code. Is "foss" also the preferred toolchain on AMD Rome and Genoa?

Looking at the long toolchain list in https://docs.easybuild.io/version-specific/toolchains/ I'm not much wiser :-( None of these toolchains seems to use the AMD AOCC compiler, and I wonder why?

Thanks for sharing any advice and experiences!

Best regards,
Ole

--
Ole Holm Nielsen