Dear Loris,

This is indeed to a large extent the same approach as EESSI. Our filesystem layer has de-duplication so there is no need for us to make the distinction in 3 and the resulting discussion (there's no cost to multiple installations of the same thing). You should take a look at the EESSI bot <https://www.eessi.io/docs/bot/> as it can handle the workflow you describe.

Alan