I am trying to add directories for #include directives and for linking
libraries. The below text is my make.lisp file for building my code:

(require 'cmp)
(setf c:*user-cc-flags* "-DWXUSINGDLL")
(setf c::*ecl-include-directory*
"C:/Dave/wx/include,C:/Dave/wx/include/msvc")
(setf c::*ecl-library-directory* "C:/Dave/wx/lib/vc_x64_dll")
(compile-file "wx.lisp" :system-p t)
(c:build-fasl "wx"
              :lisp-files '("wx.obj"))

Although

(setf c:*user-cc-flags* "-DWXUSINGDLL")

Is working as evidenced by the argument list to run-program, there is no
evidence that the include or library directories are being used at all.
Moreover, the #include directive in the wx.lisp code cannot find the
specified header file.

How are c::*ecl-include-directory* and c::*ecl-library-directory* intended
to be used?

        Dave