It seems that right now ECL can not be built without Unicode if one is to
use _any_ of the really useful libraries.

Almost all software around depends on flexi-streams and cl-unicode or some
similar software, which simply does not work if char-code-limit is <= 65535.

Should we just force Unicode by default? I do not want to keep getting
random bug reports about cl+ssl and other software which is broken in that
sense.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de FĂ­sica Fundamental, CSIC