On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:55:01 +0100
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciarip...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> > ;;; OPTIMIZE levels: Safety=2, Space=0, Speed=3, Debug=0
> >

> This does not mean it is ignored. This line shows the compiler settings
> _before_ beginning to compile the file. Changes after that are not reflected
> in the log, but definitely are taken into account -- a simpler check is that
> you actually populate the file with functions and compile using
> (compile-file .. :c-file t) . You will notice that the intermediate C file
> differs depending on the declaim options.

I also so far was confused by that message; I'm not sure of its
usefulness if it really shows the state before the file is compiled,
though.  This is good to know; I used to include a declaim in my build
scripts because I also thought the toplevel one of the file wasn't
taken into consideration and somehow I never noticed yet that they
really were.

Thanks for the clarification,
--
Matt