On 2/3/12 3:33 AM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:

> I had a look at f2cl's code and the following code would more or less
> fix it. There might be simpler ways, such as looking only at PARAMETER
> statements, but my fortran is a bit rusty and I do not know f2cl so
> well. Note also that one possible optimization could be to use
> LOAD-TIME-VALUE around COERCE, for those lisps that would not
> precompute the COERCE statement.

I really appreciate you taking the time to generate the patch.  It
mostly works, but generates incorrect code for format statements.

But no worries.  I finally sat down and figured out how to get f2cl to
generate declarations using string instead of (simple-array character).
I've updated the code in maxima and ran the testsuite with ecl.  The few
errors reported by Paul Bowyer about find_root(quad_qags(...)) are fixed
now too.  (quad_qags wanted to print out some error messages, but the
bogus type declaration caused ecl to signal an error which maxima
interpreted as a general failure of quad_qags).

Thanks for your help,

Ray