Forwarded message:
> From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Tue Jun 27 15:40 EDT 1995
> From: Zeldoy B Barger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Message-Id: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: topic at hand
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 15:40:28 -0400 (EDT)
> Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4 PL24]
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
> Content-Length: 1408
> 
> I've been a list member since it's beginning, I am a white male, 
> interested in gender issues, especially from an Ecofeminist perspective. 
> Al---I agree with what has been stated against your arguments---yes, we 
> as males must recognize our role in this social system, yes, we must 
> learn to deal with womens anger, on their terms, it's the only way to 
> begin to understand how things need to change. We must also understand 
> that as males, we can run the copy machine, or whatever else is wanted by 
> the oppressed group, ie. women, womyn, WOMEN or any other name or word 
> that is used to describe the group. Freedom from oppression is not given, 
> anymore than equality or equity is given, no matter how benevolent the 
> giver. 
> Freedom, true freedom is the ability to pursue ones human potentiel--not 
> feminine or masculine potentiel, but human potentiel and it comes from 
> empowerment through equity, empowerment through self. I recognize 
> dirrerences in masculine and feminine and do not see the two as equal, 
> but as complimentary. Yes, each can survive-for a while without the 
> other, but to survive, both are needed and both are equally important to 
> the process of survival. I've said my two cents worth, I'm usually a 
> lerker, but needed to speak to this argument---flame me if you must, but 
> understand that I am as intitiled to my opinion as you are to yours. 
> thanks-----Pete    [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
> 

Reply via email to