I completely agree that women do have a responsibility not to pose nude in
magazines which depict them as objects.   No woman that I know of poses in
magazines nude just because she wants to.  Sometimes, however there are other
responsibilities to consider.  I am a pre-vet student who works as an exotic
dancer a few days out of the month. It is the only way I can keep my grades up
at the level they need to be in order to get into vet school, while still
paying my bills.  I do not like to enforce the idea of women as objects and
try to disprove the stereotype when conversing with the "gentlemen" who come
into my work.  I am trying to work my way into being an accomplished woman,
but in the meanwhile I am forced to compromise and participate in something I
do not believe in.

Reply via email to