Glad to hear from you!  I was beginning to wonder if I'd been 
accidentally dropped off the list.

I heard last night that the Alaska governor's "open season" on wolves had 
been squashed by some kind of court ruling (AND, yes, I heard that his 
excuse in the first place was that they were ruining the hunting).  This 
issue has been hot for more than a year ... I believe that's when he 
declared war on the wolves ... so it seems logical to me that the courts 
might finally have gotten around to addressing environmentalists' concerns.

Anyone have more info on this?

Faith
>From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thu Dec  8 15:17:59 MST 1994
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 1994 09:46:29 -0800 (PST)
From: Faith Freewoman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Pesticide Editorial
To: Julia Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>


I'm surprised we haven't been burning up the wires about that 
inflammitory and irritating editorial.  I certainly think it merits 
considerable discussion.

Now, on his side, I've read several things recently which indicate that 
some "natural" pesticides permissable in organic gardening are as toxic 
and/or lethal as synthetically produced chemicals, but I've seen no real 
evidence to this effect.

I also saw no evidence in the editorial to support the person's views ... 
unless it was left out for brevity.

Actually, it sounded a lot like other wonderful examples of "Big Lie" 
politics which I've heard ... "The Big Lie" technique being if you say 
something (no matter how ridiculous) loudly enough, often enough, with 
sufficient authority and utter conviction, you can overcome any truth.  
Look at Reagan and Limbaugh in the United States ... I don't have similar 
examples from other countries, but I'll bet someone else does.

Anyhow, my scholarship on the subject of chemicals in agriculture is 
weak, although my intuition is fierce ... I'd like more discussion so I 
can gain information [to support what I already feel strongly is true, 
but don't tell anyone this part, heh, heh].

Faith

P. S.  Speaking of Reagan, did anyone else wonder (after the news was
released) if he was already suffering from Alzheimer's during his
presidency? 

Reply via email to