if related to conservation of ecosystems or biodiversity, environmental studies
programs ought to include a field component with grassroot NGOs, for students
to get an exposure to the realities of implementing conservation plans, and the
difficulties that do arise ( socioeconomic, cultural, political, financial).

cheers, amartya